9 signs this person is ‘the one’ for you
The dating scene is hard out there. Unless you are very lucky, you have to meet a lot of new people before you meet ‘the one’. It’s like the old adage about having to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince (or princess).
All that takes a lot of time and effort.
But you might be able to shortcut the process if you have a template which helps you reveal if a person could be the right partner for you.
And here are 9 signs I believe will help you determine if a relationship is destined for a long term future:
- Your partner does not possess the qualities that really frustrated you with previous partners
- They calm you rather than trigger negative emotions (like anxiety and worry)
- You find yourself thinking about a rosy future with them, rather than worrying about how you will deal with their issues (like anger management or drug use)
- You share the same views on important issues like marriage, children, finances, work/life balance, social justice, morals and values, politics etc
- You find it easy to work out a compromise when you aren’t in agreement, rather than one of you having to always fully concede
- You can both tolerate each other’s idiosyncrasies and don’t feel the need to ‘change’ the other
- You can’t wait to see each other, even if you have only been apart for hours
- Their friends are good people (which indicates your partner is also probably a good person)
- They have good relationships with their family, and if they don’t they have endeavoured to repair the rift